Spinach and Chickpeas
This easy to prepare meal is made with the simpliest ingredients and one you will enjoy. A delicious vegetarian meal made with Spinach and Chickpeas. This meal can be served with white rice or quinoa.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time : 15 mins
1 Large Garlic, cut into pieces
1 Medium Onion (chopped finely)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
½ Tsp Rugerks™ Ground Cumin Powder
¼ Tsp Cayenne Pepper
¼ Tsp Rugerks™ Turmeric Powder
1 12oz Canned Chickpeas /drain and rinse
1 lb. Baby Spinach/ rinse and dry
2 Pimiento Del Piquillo /drained and sliced
Pinch of Salt
1. Heat oil in a large skillet with lid.
2. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until golden not burnt, remove with slotted spoon and discard.
3. Add onions, cumin, cayenne, and turmeric; let cook. Stir for about 5 minutes until tender.
4. Add Chickpeas and stir until they are lightly colored from the turmeric and cayenne.
5. Add spinach with the little water from its leaves.
6. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes until wilted. Uncover, stir in pimiento del piquillo and let cook while gently stirring until the excess liquid evaporates.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.